Thursday 3 May 2012

Till Lindemann's 'Messer' - 'Tot Singt'


IT KEEPS HAPPENING

From this poem onwards I will also introduce the label 'grimdark' for especially disturbing poems, three examples of which I have linked above. Trigger warning and disturbing is not quite the same thing; 'Tot Singt' gets both.

Disclaimer: Poem copyrighted to Till Lindemann. This post does not include photos/illustrations of said poem from 'Messer'. The original German text is also not included. This is only a interpretive translation and accuracy is not guaranteed.





Death Sings

Gently, gently, I will rub
My diadem against your every pore
I want to slice my cock to pieces
Stretched out on a thin piece of wood
It slowly bores into your asshole
Gently, gently, the vulture pulls
The skin of the testes off his clutches
I can now let your fat eggs
Hang from my dying ears
Gently, gently, the cold fruit
The nipple is torn from the breast
Then I will with full force
Shit in the middle of your face
Gently, gently, my crying child
Mother's urn will not stay empty
When they are nevertheless dead
Then they also live no longer today.

Comments: I wish I could put the whole text in italics. The one time I want this translation to be wrong, I reckon it actually is over 90% accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment